Join our team to teach small classes of bright young students. You'll have access to cutting edge resources and plenty of room for creativity and professional growth.
Teacher on Call
Claren Academy is an innovative, independent K – 5 school in downtown Vancouver. We have an immediate opening for a one day a week elementary prep position, providing coverage for different elementary grades and assisting with supervising an after school club. The required day of the week is Wednesday. In addition, the person in this position would be our first call for coverage of other teacher absences as needed, or for providing teachers with extra preparation time during busy times of the year.
This is a great opportunity to work in a supportive, progressive environment at a school that focuses on creativity, technology, and entrepreneurship. Additionally, in the current health crisis, Claren Academy has put the safety of its staff first and implemented higher safety protocols and standards than in most schools. This position allows for a lot of flexibility and could lead to other positions as they arise, as our school is growing and adding classes every year.
We are seeking a candidate with the following:
- A BC Teaching Certificate
- Experience or training in elementary years
- Strong classroom management skills
- Availability on every Wednesday, and some other flexible work days as needed
- A positive, growth mindset
- Comfort with technology
- Familiarity with the revised BC Curriculum
- Professional manner with staff, students, and families
- Ability to work legally in Canada
- Willingness to perform a Criminal Record Review
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: TOC.”
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We seek to fill this position as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!