Our School Assistant is an integral member of our team. Join Claren Academy for a warm community, a supportive staff, and opportunities for learning and professional growth.
Claren Academy is seeking a full time School Assistant to contribute to all aspects of making our school the warm, welcoming, well-organized place it is! This position is roughly 50% secretarial work, and 50% early childhood education, so it offers a unique opportunity to employ your different strengths, and interact with all the members of our community, from educators, to students, to administrators.
A successful candidate will have experience supervising and engaging with children, and also managing office duties such as filing, corresponding with parents, and scheduling events. Professional development is supported for all members of our staff, and training specific to our systems will be provided on the job. We offer competitive salary and health benefits.
This position is available immediately, and the application deadline is October 25th.
- Is a Canadian resident and is legally entitled to work in Canada
- Holds or is willing to complete a CRRA Criminal Record Review
- Holds or is willing to obtain First Aid Certification
- Experience working with 4 to 9 year old children
- Is fluent in English and has excellent communication skills
- Is able to work productively with minimum supervision
- Is able to multi-task and be organized in a busy environment
- Models professional conduct (dress, speech, and manners)
- Preferred but not required: holds an Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Educator, or ECE Assistant certification
- Daily: supervise students during lunch hours, trips to and from parks, on field trips, and to after school care, etc.
- Interact with students and assist in their learning
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with families through email, parent portal, and in person
- Assist Claren Academy teachers and staff with secretarial tasks
- Take initiative to manage and organize office systems
To apply, please forward résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: School Assistant.”
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!