Join our team to teach small classes of bright young students. You'll have access to cutting edge resources and plenty of room for creativity and professional growth.
Claren Academy is seeking a primary school teacher to add to our talented team of educators. This teacher will provide support to staff and students from kindergarten to grade five, run literacy groups, provide prep coverage, and co-teach in our highly successful mixed age model.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, creative educators who will inspire and motivate our students. Our primary school teachers collaborate daily in our rich learning environment and are responsible for a maximum of 15 students. We value initiative, flexibility, and creative use of resources. We celebrate learning, not only for students, but for staff, providing numerous professional development opportunities throughout the year. We offer a comprehensive and competitive compensation package.
Application deadline is July 27, 2020.
- Bachelor of Education
- Possessing a BC Teaching Certificate
- Willing to perform a Criminal Record Review
- Ability to work legally in Canada
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with and staff and parents
Optional skills we would value:
- Familiarity with BC’s curriculum
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate individual learning plans for students
- Experience working with children with different learning needs
To apply, please forward résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Primary School Teacher”.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!