Join our team to teach small classes of bright young students. You'll have access to cutting edge resources and plenty of room for creativity and professional growth.
Kindergarten/Grade One Teacher
Claren Academy is seeking a Kindergarten/Grade One specialist to add to our team of talented educators for September 2020. This teacher will run a home room classroom for K/1, and co-teach small groups in our highly successful mixed age model.
A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative educator who will inspire and motivate our students. Our primary school teachers collaborate daily in our rich learning environment and are responsible for a maximum of 15 students. We are active in the community and enjoy physical education opportunities such as karate, skating, and gymnastics. As a key member of a small, dynamic, independent school, each of our teachers must take initiative, have a strong work ethic, and be an effective team player. With Claren Academy’s focus on education for the future, our teachers must demonstrate an awareness of changing global trends and an interest in incorporating them into everyday school life. This is your chance to help shape a new school, and put big ideas and exciting resources to work! We celebrate learning, not only for students, but for staff, providing numerous professional development opportunities throughout the year. We offer a comprehensive and competitive compensation package.
The application deadline is May 22nd, but we are open to filling the position before that if an outstanding candidate is available.
- Bachelor of Education
- Possessing a BC Teaching Certificate or being able to procure one (BC Teacher Regulation Branch)
- Willing to perform a Criminal Record Review
- Ability to work legally in Canada (Note: for an outstanding candidate, we may sponsor a Work Visa)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Natural aptitude with computers and curiousity about new technologies
- Ability to assess students’ needs using a variety of assessment strategies and instruments to provide appropriate remediation
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with and staff and parents
Optional skills we would value:
- Familiarity with BC’s curriculum
- Experience working in independent schools
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate individual learning plans for students
- Experience working with children with different learning needs
To apply, please forward résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: K/1 Teacher”.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!