Join our team to work with small classes of bright young students. You'll have access to cutting edge resources and plenty of room for creativity and professional growth.
We are seeking an energetic, full time School Assistant who is self-motivated, organized, flexible, and enthusiastic. The job hours are from 8:00 – 4:00 Monday to Friday, with potential opportunities to work in day camps over school breaks. The position is approximately split in half between office support, and classroom assistance. The compensation is $20/hr.
- Is a Canadian resident and is legally entitled to work in Canada
- Holds or is willing to complete a CRRA Criminal Record Review
- Holds or is willing to obtain First Aid Certification
- Experience working with 4 to 8 year old children
- Experience working on a team with flexibility and enthusiasm
- Is fluent in English and has excellent communication skills
- Is able to work productively with minimum supervision
- Is able to multi-task and be organized in busy environment
- Models professional conduct (dress, speech, and manners)
- Holds an Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Educator, or ECE Assistant certification
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with children and families
- Respond to inquiries by phone and email
- Organize and file information
- Help maintain a well-supplied and warm environment
- Interact with and assist students in everyday school activities
- Supervise students during lunch hours, walking to and from parks, on field trips, and to after school care, etc.
- Assist Claren Academy teachers and staff with clerical tasks
To apply, please forward résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line
“Application: School Assistant.” Applications must be received by Thursday, February 7th.
We look forward to hearing from you!