Join our team to teach small classes of bright young students. You'll have access to cutting edge resources and plenty of room for creativity and professional growth.
We are seeking an energetic part time Classroom Assistant who is self-motivated, organized, flexible, and enthusiastic. The job hours are from 11:30 – 3:30 Monday to Friday, with potential opportunities to work in day camps over school breaks. The compensation is $20/hr.
- Is a Canadian resident and is legally entitled to work in Canada
- Holds or is willing to complete a CRRA Criminal Record Review
- Holds or is willing to obtain First Aid Certification
- Experience working with 4 to 8 year old children
- Is fluent in English and has excellent communication skills
- Is able to work productively with minimum supervision
- Is able to multi-task and be organized in busy environment
- Models professional conduct (dress, speech, and manners)
- Preferred but not required: holds an Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Educator, or ECE Assistant certification
- Interact with and assist students in everyday school activities
- Supervise students during lunch hours, walking to and from parks, on field trips, and to after school care, etc.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with children and families
- Assist Claren Academy teachers and staff with clerical tasks
To apply, please forward résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line
“Application: Classroom Assistant.” Applications must be received by Monday, December 3rd.
We look forward to hearing from you!